What's new

Subwoofer settings? (1 Viewer)

Chris:-/OV

Stunt Coordinator
Hi
What level should I set the receiver volume to for the sub? (how many dB's?) and what level should I set it to on the sub itself? Does the receiver volume make a difference or does'nt it matter if the receiver volume is set to say -5dB and the sub to halfway?

GrahamT

Supporting Actor
You should calibrate the levels with an spl meter and disc. But -5 dB and halfway on the amp sounds like a good start. Yes the receiver setting affects the signal voltage to the sub amp. By the way what sub did you get?

Chris:-/OV

Stunt Coordinator
Hi
I got a Polk PSW-450watt sub. What should the volume on the receiver be approx for the sub? (what level is too low and which is too high?

GrahamT

Supporting Actor
That is a good sub. I have the psw202 as well as 3 other subs. Well as for the settings, it depends. The easiest way without calibrating is to use the Polk way which is to use the speaker cable signal. THen all you have to do is just adjust the phase, crossover and volume on the sub by ear.

The thing is that the volume isn't really a volume dial but a gain dial and there is no real accurate way know the settings other than copy what others have done if you dont calibrate.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks