What's new

Subwoofer Sand Stand (1 Viewer)

Mark Sommer

Auditioning
Not sure it this is the right location for this thread?

I was reading some information about placing a HT subwoofer on a stand that was filled with sand. I have my sub on a concrete floor covered by carpet, should I investigate the use of a sand filled stand. Will this increase the sound quality of my sub. It my understanding that this will allow the sub to move the air/pressure in the room not the floor or walls.

Thanks in advance for all comments/help provided.

Mark.

Aaron Gilbert

Second Unit
Since your subwoofer is already on a concrete floor, I don't think you have to worry much about it moving the floor. It will always move the walls, and I believe the only way to lessen that would be to change the wall themselves, by making them stiffer/thicker/etc. I don't feel there would be much difference by placing the subwoofer on a sand filled stand, but I admit this is speculation. I guess it's not an expensive modification if you do it yourself, so I say try it and find out. Just keep in mind that subwoofer placement in the room and listener placement will have a much greater effect on the sound.

Aaron Gilbert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks