What's new

Subwoofer Recommendations (1 Viewer)

Steve_H

Auditioning
I am in the process of setting up an HT in a mid-size room approx. 15x17. Speakers are all Paradigm, Monitor 7 front, Monitor 3 rear, CC-170. Looking for a decent powered subwoofer to go with this set-up.
This equipment/room is strictly for movies. My 2 channel music system is in another room. So, the sub would just be to enhance the sound effects of movies.
How are the Paradigm subs? PDR-10,PDR-12,PS-1200? I have also read about the HSU subs. I'm trying to keep the price around $500.
Any suggestions would be appriciated.
Thanks.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Of the three Paradigms you listed, I think the PDR-12 has a bit tighter bass. If you can swing an extra $200 or so, I highly recommend the Paradigm PW-2200. I have been very pleased with this sub.

J

John Morris

Hmmmm... now what subs could we possibly recommend???
biggrin.gif

Check SVS first. If too expensive, check out Dharman . If still too expensive, I'd recommend you visit the DIY section of this forum for help in building your new subwoofer.
------------------
Take Care,
merc
----------------
DFAST, 5C, DVI, HDCP, SafeAudio, Macrovision and Lewinski!!!

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
At that price point for a powered sub, I'd go with the Dharman that John mentioned. It's about $550 delivered 'till the middle of August (there's a 15% off deal going on, see hometheatertalk.com for details).

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
I'd also toss the HSU VTF_2 into the mix,
Look for it's performance in reviews ranging from Tom Nousaine to WSR to AUDIO to SGHT...it's really an amazing performer for a 10" woof.
TV

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks