What's new

Subwoofer Question (1 Viewer)

Rosario

Auditioning
Hey all! My first time posting here, but i've already found this forum to be incredibly informative.

My question is this:

I know 2 ways to hook up a subwoofer. One is through the LFE jack, and another is to the Front L/R inputs on my receiver (HK AVR 125) and then have the front speakers connected to the subwoofer.

Is it possible to have a subwoofer hooked up both ways at the same time? I dont have my subwoofer yet so I can't try it out and see.

The reason i'm asking is, if I understand correctly, i'm only going to be making use of the subwoofer when i'm watching DVD's if it's connected through the LFE jack and not when i'm listening to songs off my computer.

Same problem appears if I hook it up through the front L/R inputs on the receiver, then the subwoofer is only going to handle what's being sent through the Front channels, not the LFE channel.

If my logic is horribly flawed, please let me know.

If anyone has any solutions to this, i'd be very appreciative. Thanks for any help you can give :)

John S

Senior HTF Member
If you set all your speakers to "Small" in the AVR setup, you should get LFE+Any bass at or under the Xover point, content for all speakers out the Sub Pre Out....

Rosario

Auditioning
I did not know that applied to things other than DVD's, like a stereo source such as my computer. But now I do! :)

Thanks a lot!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks