What's new

Subwoofer pop fixed on my Denon 4800 (1 Viewer)

I just wanted to let everyone know that I now have the "popping" sound from the subwoofer fixed. The problem was that every time that I changed channels on my DirectTivo, used the FF/RW/Pause on DirecTivo, DVD player and VCR, or turn the volume all the way down, I would get a popping sound from my subwoofer. I had an energy subwoofer and thought it was that at first, but when I got my SVS 20-39, the problem still was happening. I called Denon and they told me that it was a subwoofer mute circuit on the receiver. I then had to pull out the receipt and find a authorized service center. I got the receiver in 1 day before the warranty was up!
Once I located the service center, I called them up and told them the problem. They told me it was a ground problem and nothing to do with the receiver. I then explained to them that I spoke to Denon about this and they knew what the problem was, subwoofer mute circuit on the receiver. I had to tell 2 people their the same thing. So I go and take it to them and had to explain the problem all over again. Once again they told me it wasn't the receiver but a ground problem. I again told them that Denon had said that it was the subwoofer mute circuit on the receiver. I then explained to them that I put my receiver from the bed room in the living room (Denon 1600) and it didn't have any feedback in the subwoofer at all. Well long story short, I got it back Friday and it is working like a charm. My wife and I sure did miss the 4800. The Pronto didn't work the same and I didn't want to reprogram it. Now I am waiting for a new amp (Sampson) for the SVS 20-39, I can't wait. ;)
Ron A.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks