Subwoofer Plate Amp?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Richard Fernandez, Dec 27, 2001.

1. Richard Fernandez

Richard Fernandez Stunt Coordinator

Which one? Parts Express 250 Amp, Adire Audio 250 Amp, or the ACI PSA-1 200 Amp. I'll be using the Shiva driver.
    Thanks
    [​IMG]

2. Kyle Richardson

Kyle Richardson Screenwriter

I would plan on using the Adire amp unless you plan on modifying the bass boost on the Parts Express amp. The Shiva doesnt need the boost.

3. Brian Bunge

Brian Bunge Producer

Richard,

I have two of the PSA1 amps and think that they are excellent. They are identical to the KG5150 that Madisound sells save for one feature. The PSA1 has a toggle switch to defeat the amp's bass boost circuit. That is unless the KG5150 has also incorporated this feature. The last time I checked it hadn't been added.

The Parts Express amp provides the most watts per dollar and I believe you can order it with the boost defeated. I'd double check before ordering though.

Brian

4. Hank Frankenberg

Hank Frankenberg Cinematographer

Richard, I bought the Adire AVA250 for my Adire Tempest-based sonosub. It has the bass-boost defeated and performs great. The P.E. amp comes with documentation that you can use to change the boost by substituting some resistors. I don't know what the current difference in price is, but if it's small, I'd go with the Adire amp.