What's new

Subwoofer Placement (1 Viewer)

right now i am in a dorm room so i'm limited on where i can put my sub.

Here is my situation... Where i sit at to watch a movie or listen to music, my sub sounds/feels barely audible but if i move to mostly any other part of the room, it is amazingly loud by comparison...

So what can i do to make the sub louder at my listening position w/o relocating the sub??

I have a 12" custom made sub w/250 front firing sub and downfiring port along with a Denon 2805 reciever... I'll try to post pics of my situation...

Thank you
Dan

Sonnie Parker

Second Unit
Dan, that's gonna be hard to do. You can crank your sub up but if your listening position is sitting in a null then nothing is going to make it sound louder.

Take your sub and temporarily place it in your listening position. Play a movie with some good steady bass. Walk around the room and see if you can find a location for it that you can "accept" that sounds good and loud. When you do, swap places with the sub, you are all set. If you just can't find a location that you can accept then about the only other choice is to move your listening position and then try the same test for location of the sub.

Do you have a closet? If so, try placing the sub inside the closet and out of the way... see how it sounds.

Pictures as of now I haven't had too much time to mess with it... Basically what I've gathered is that I'll be moving the sub

THanks for the help

Dan

TimJC

Stunt Coordinator
Ahh, I remember those days now... Boy, you do tend to forget just how small a dorm room really is.

Tim

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
Oh to be that young again.... When that was me I had these huge quad Kenwood speakers that had like a 20" woofer in them as well as several other speakers, don't even remember but had a huge amp and really knocked the dorm down then. Probably why I have tinnitis today at 47.
The music today even on the new best stuff still doesn't seem to sound as good as back then coming from 4 corners even if it was just stereo. I had so much gear I was like above and had to build my bed up off the floor. haha....
Have fun and enjoy...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks