What's new

Subwoofer placement Sony WM-40 (1 Viewer)

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
Hello,

This question is basically for people that have the Sony WM-40 sub. Where do you all have it placed in your room? I keep on experimenting and can't find a great place to put it. I had it next to the couch for a while for maximum rumble for movies. Then I moved it to the front next to my main speakers but lost the rumble. Does anybody know a good place to put it where it will rumble the most for movies but yet have tight bass for music? The placement for mine is very limited, I live in a small apartment and I can only use the right side of the room (facing the TV) because the left is the front door. Anybody have any suggestions?? Pictures would also be helpful.

Thanks for replies,

Paul

Dan V

Stunt Coordinator
I have mine next to the couch. I tried it by my mains, too but the bass was better (and my wife was happier) with it by the couch. Also, try experimenting with the phase switch, my subs performence improved with it set in reverse phase.

EricHaas

Supporting Actor
I have mine snuggled between the couch and a large bookshelf unit. It really rumbles the seating area there and puts out maximum air movement. I tryed it in other places and this is where I liked it most.

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
Also,

Does anybody know of a good song I can download that has different levels of bass in it??? The only songs I have have one level of bass through the whole song. I think this will be the best determinant for me. Thanks

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
I have mine tucked in a corner (see pix on my site ...it's behind the flower chair)

I get PLENTY of bass from that location.

Alfer

Kwang Suh

Supporting Actor
A good way to find out where to put your sub is to place your sub where you normally sit. Then, walk around the room on all fours till you find a spot where the bass sounds good. Place the sub there. You'll probably have more than one spot where the sub sounds good, so don't freak out if you find out the sub sounds good in the middle of the room :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks