Subwoofer Placement Question

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by RobSB, Dec 24, 2003.

1. RobSB

RobSB Agent

Ok, I know it's supposed to go in a corner, but I have two options. I'm using a Dayton 10" sub with the H/K AVR-225 and the Fluance SX-HTB. The crossover on the 225 is fixed at 100.

Option 1: Put the sub next to the couch near the rear left speaker in the corner.

Option 2: Put the sub up front next to the TV near the front left speaker but not quite in the corner, next to the front wall though.

Which of these would be best do you think? I know I could try out both options, but I would like some opinions from here first. Thanks.

2. Dan Halchak

Dan Halchak Stunt Coordinator

I'd pick in front of the TV, just for the sheer fact that if it's fixed at a crossover at 100Hz, you are definitely going to know sound is coming from right behind the couch... I think it will draw too much attention to itself. But, honestly, it's whatever works best for you.

3. Stelios

Stelios Stunt Coordinator

I have mine exactly like your option 1 and I love it. It rocks the couch too and the feeling is amazing! Try it out and see. Another advantage is that I can reach the controls of the woofer and adjust if necessary.

Stelios

4. AxelKro

AxelKro Stunt Coordinator

Hi Rob,

I will place mine to the left and right of my couch too. By having two Subs of the same kind, the Bass will center on the couch and avoid the "attention drawing" as mentioned in the other post.

Having just one sub would not work in my configuration.

Regards,
    Axel

5. Jack Ferry

Jack Ferry Stunt Coordinator

Jack Ferry
    Rob, how do you like the HK 225 with the Fluance SX-HTB? I'm considering both myself.

6. RobSB

RobSB Agent

I'll let you know after I set them up, they're in UPS land right now, they get here Monday. [​IMG]