What's new

Subwoofer Phase setting... (1 Viewer)

DaleR

Stunt Coordinator
Hey y'all

thanks for looking at this thread and i will take any help or advice anyone cares to offer. I have a paradigm ps-1000 sub. for those those of you who don't know it is a bandpass design which means the driver is totally enclosed.

right now the sub's ports are at a 45 degree angle to the rear and side wall. this sub has a continuously variable phase control that goes from 0 - 180 degrees.

i would like some help on how i would go about setting the phase control to the proper position. any opinions would be really appreciated.

thanks guys

Harry Lincoln

Stunt Coordinator
Dale, the method I used was to play a pink noise test signal through my main channel speakers (using the Ultimate DVD Platinum) with the mains set to small. I then measured the SPL using my RS meter (C weighting, slow response). Adjust the phase setting and take the measurement again, use the setting that gives the highest SPL reading.

My subs have a two position switch for the phase (0/180deg), if yours has a knob try a few different settings 45deg, 90 deg, 180deg etc.

Harry.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks