Subwoofer out question.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Trevor_J, Oct 25, 2001.

1. Trevor_J

Trevor_J Second Unit

I just receieved my second SVS 20-39CS subwoofer and I currently have the second sub out on my receiver (I have 2 sub outs) plugged into the the left channel input on my amplifier. The problem is tha the cable that I have is about 3 inches too short so I've had to push my amp to the back of the rack for the cable to reach. The quesion I have is, can I just spring for a High quality splitter and split the longer cable and save this HQ Coax cable for a rainy day or should I go out and purchase a decent cable to use in the second sub out of my receiver?
    ------------------
    "Never underestimate the Powah of the Dahk Syhde..."

2. Mark Rich

Mark Rich Second Unit

Both would work. Depends on how much money you would like to spend. You could get my with a splitter to start with and then upgrade to a good cable later. A seperate cable would give you the best sound quality IMO. If you decide to buy a new subwoofer IC try one with a Teflon insulation. Really tightens up the bass notes.

3. Tom Vodhanel

Tom Vodhanel Cinematographer

I'd just pick up an inexpensive 1-3m length of cable to use. You should be able to find a good quality 3m cable in the $20-$30 range with no problem.
    A composite video cable could be used with good results too if you have any laying around.
    TV