What's new

Subwoofer out question. (1 Viewer)

Trevor_J

Second Unit
I just receieved my second SVS 20-39CS subwoofer and I currently have the second sub out on my receiver (I have 2 sub outs) plugged into the the left channel input on my amplifier. The problem is tha the cable that I have is about 3 inches too short so I've had to push my amp to the back of the rack for the cable to reach. The quesion I have is, can I just spring for a High quality splitter and split the longer cable and save this HQ Coax cable for a rainy day or should I go out and purchase a decent cable to use in the second sub out of my receiver?
------------------
"Never underestimate the Powah of the Dahk Syhde..."

Mark Rich

Second Unit
Both would work. Depends on how much money you would like to spend. You could get my with a splitter to start with and then upgrade to a good cable later. A seperate cable would give you the best sound quality IMO. If you decide to buy a new subwoofer IC try one with a Teflon insulation. Really tightens up the bass notes.

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
I'd just pick up an inexpensive 1-3m length of cable to use. You should be able to find a good quality 3m cable in the $20-$30 range with no problem.
A composite video cable could be used with good results too if you have any laying around.
TV

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks