What's new

Subwoofer out on older receiver? (1 Viewer)

BlakeH

Auditioning
I have a powered subwoofer, but have an older receiver. It does not have the Subwoofer labeled out, but I'm wondering if there are any other outs that I might be able to use that would enable it too be powered?

Ryan Ab

Grip
I have the same problem, so what I did was to run the outs of the tape output on the receiver to the ins of my sub, which coincidentally has 2 (l and r) inputs.

--Ryan

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
The big problem with that, Ryan, is that the tape outputs are a fixed-level signal. Thus the sub will remain at the same level when you turn the receiver’s volume up and down.

Regards,

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
I've gotta say it, I know your older receiver you probably paid a lot of money for and still sounds awesome. However the fact that you don't have a sub woofer pre-out to fully utilize the sub sounds to me you need a new receiver. Running them parallel to your speakers is the best way to go but does your receiver allows you to set the speakers to large so that all lfe will go to the sub. Just my .02

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks