Subwoofer On Carpet ???????????????

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Joe Meissner, Feb 22, 2002.

1. Joe Meissner

Joe Meissner Stunt Coordinator

the sub i have is an older optimus from radio shack(12inch 150 watts). dont laugh it does sound pretty good for getting it off a freind for next to nothing.

it has a front firing woofer and a down firing port, and im wondering if it would help to set it on a board or something since we have a deep pile carpet(which is on a concrete slab)? and if so what is the best material to use?

thanks

Joe

2. Paul Clarke

Paul Clarke Supporting Actor

Any hard surface will do. Get a piece of tile, marble, granite, etc. for the long haul. I originally used an empty 24 video cassette cabinet. The main thing is to get the sub port some height; since your's is front firing the carpets effect will be less pronounced.

3. Andy Anderson

Andy Anderson Second Unit

If you go to Home Depot (or a similar store), you can get a nice-looking concrete stepping stone (like you would use in a garden) for a few dollars. That ought to work very well.

4. Thomas_A

Thomas_A Second Unit

I'm in the same boat... I have in the bedroom a DCM Kx2 sub that has a front and bottom firing sub.. I've been meaning to go to home depot and get a stone for under it..but the foot print is pretty big..so I'm still looking...

5. Mike Kao

Mike Kao Second Unit

I plan on getting an SVS in the future (2039 CS+ most likely) and have carpeting as well. Should I be concerned about any problems or not?