What's new

Subwoofer On Carpet ??????????????? (1 Viewer)

Joe Meissner

Stunt Coordinator
the sub i have is an older optimus from radio shack(12inch 150 watts). dont laugh it does sound pretty good for getting it off a freind for next to nothing.

it has a front firing woofer and a down firing port, and im wondering if it would help to set it on a board or something since we have a deep pile carpet(which is on a concrete slab)? and if so what is the best material to use?

thanks

Joe

Paul Clarke

Supporting Actor
Any hard surface will do. Get a piece of tile, marble, granite, etc. for the long haul. I originally used an empty 24 video cassette cabinet. The main thing is to get the sub port some height; since your's is front firing the carpets effect will be less pronounced.

Andy Anderson

Second Unit
If you go to Home Depot (or a similar store), you can get a nice-looking concrete stepping stone (like you would use in a garden) for a few dollars. That ought to work very well.

Thomas_A

Second Unit
I'm in the same boat... I have in the bedroom a DCM Kx2 sub that has a front and bottom firing sub.. I've been meaning to go to home depot and get a stone for under it..but the foot print is pretty big..so I'm still looking...

Mike Kao

Second Unit
I plan on getting an SVS in the future (2039 CS+ most likely) and have carpeting as well. Should I be concerned about any problems or not?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks