What's new

Subwoofer not working (1 Viewer)

JAREED

Auditioning
Real Name
Jim
I took down my home theater for about a month to remodel my basement. I added a 60'' flat screen TV when I set it back up. My problem is that I cannot get sound coming from my speakers when watching TV. I can get a picture, I have a Pioneer VSX-1018-AH receiver that is several years old and the new TV is a Samsung. I have the HDMI cable running from the Cable Box to the "HDMI In" on the receiver and from the "HDMI Out" on the receiver to the TV. I have it setup exactly as I did with my old DLP TV but I have tried several other hookups with no luck. I did read something in the TV manual about an older version of HDMI not working. I don't know if that is the problem or how to fix it. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

JAREED

Auditioning
Real Name
Jim
Sorry, I mislabeled the heading. My problem is with the Home Theater sound not working when watching TV. The Subwoofer is a separate problem.

JAREED

Auditioning
Real Name
Jim
Sam, I am also in NW Indiana. I,m sorry but I don't follow you. I am far from an expert. I have checked and double checked to make sure cables are in the correct position.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
If you're getting a picture but no sound then check the HDMI Audio menu and make sure AMP has been selected and not THROUGH. See pg 72 Also make sure the HDMI Inputs have been assigned correctly. See pg.68

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks