Subwoofer mysteriously not working!!! HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael Gdwn, Aug 15, 2002.

1. Michael Gdwn

Michael Gdwn Agent

l

2. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    Do you get a power light or any indicators.

(note: I took care of the spelling in the title for you)

3. Paul Seyfarth

Paul Seyfarth Stunt Coordinator

does the amp turn on, is there just nothing comming from the sub?

If the amp looks like it's working I would take the driver out of the box. Make sure it's connected. If it is then I would look at the wires that go from the cone of the sub, to the speaker terminals on the sub, and just touch them a little bit.

My brothers HSU VTF-2 had stoped working, so I took out the driver and attached it to my car audio system. And I still got no sound. Then I moved the wires going from the speaker terminals on the driver going to the cone, and then it started working.

4. Chas_T

Chas_T Supporting Actor

Michael.. Same thing happened to me one time. I was checking connections, was the sub plugged in, moved the sub around, spent lots of hours troubleshooting.

Turned out someone was playing with my speaker setup on my amp/pre-pro and turned the sub off in the configuration. I answered YES to subwoofer, the rest is history.

A simple fix was the answer in my situation and I hope you have the same experience.