What's new

Subwoofer - Low volume (1 Viewer)

EricDeB

Stunt Coordinator
Hi guys, I had my surround sound system all setup perfectly and everything was working until I rearranged my room and now for some reason my subwoofer is incredibly quiet. It is a velodyne CT-120, a very boomy sub normally, but now when I output sound from my computer to my receiver it is quiet. It could be the computer, but the sub is also quiet when using the test tones on the receiver. It could be the cable or the settings on the back of the sub, or the sub itself. Any help with isolating the problem would be great.

Eric

EricDeB

Stunt Coordinator
Never mind, it was a computer setting, I'm back to blowing my neighbors ear drums out thanks a ton guys!!

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
This is one of Velodyne's entry-level subs from about 3 years ago, right? Simple (but heavy!) black cube with a 12" woofer with a gray foam surround and a front slot used as it's bass port? A local Circuit store used one as part of their 5.1 demo system for six months (actually I helped a buddy there set it up) and at least in *that* system, it was almost never boomy. It sat against one wall, about a foot from the corner & crossed over at 80Hz. That thing regularly rattled the crap out of the brushed metal ceiling tiles. Infinity's similarly priced, newly-introduced PS12 went lower/had a richer sound to my ears, but didn't have as much punch, and it wasn't built as well as the Velodyne.

Maybe in its new home, your Velodyne will sound better - positioning has soooooo much affect on a sub's sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks