What's new

Subwoofer in 2nd floor apartment? Possible? (1 Viewer)

Justin_T

Stunt Coordinator
For the longest time I didn't think I was going to be able to listen to my subs I have in my new 2nd floor apartment. Nothing beats a house for sure, but I had to come up with a solution until I found the right house and the lease is up. I have an entertainment computer desk that thankfully has large desk shelves. Didn't know why I didn't think about this sooner, but I placed my computer sub on the 1st shelf. I still get the same amount of bass, but now it's not vibrating on the floor to disturb the neighbor below. Thank God. Now the big kicker! My Yamaha dual subwoofer is in my living room. Now luckily, I might have a shelf that will take the sub and raise it off the floor? This thing is powerful, but I'm assuming it will get the bass vibration off the floor, but still provide me with satisfying bass I want. Anyone else tried this?!? Would like to know their results.

Mark Murphy

Supporting Actor
I live on the 3rd floor of a 3 family house and I have an SVS 25-31PCi. I placed it on two pieces of MDF with some "anti-vibration" pads on the bottom and it does the trick. I haven't had any complaints from my neighbors.

ChrisMcK

Stunt Coordinator
I find myself in the same situation - thanks for the ideas on isolating the vibrations

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks