What's new

Subwoofer humming and beeping, help! (1 Viewer)

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
Now, I know it isn't the amplifier. That is unless I have two subs with the exact same problem. I had a KLH 8" powered woofer.:D I know it is crap hence why I call it a powered woofer. It would do this strange thing where it would beeb/hum at any point while it was on, being driven hard, easy, or not at all. I thought there was something wrong with it, so I returned it.

Well I have another sub now. It is a 12" RCA/Tandy/Optimus Subwoofer with a 120 watt rms amplifier. It is doing the same exact thing.

Notes: I am using a different receiver than I was with the KLH, I am using an AudioQuest sub cable and y-adapter. It is a stationary two prong power cord design. It is plugged into a Magnavox power tap that has all my other audio components conected to it listed in my signature. (though the KLH happened to be conected to a seperate outlet from the main system) All my components have stationary 2 prong power cables.

If there is any other helpful info you need, I would be more than happy to type twenty paragraphs to explain everything, though I would rather not.:D

Alex/d

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Alex
Fix that M&K! Then toss the others out the window instead of yourself :D

HT-EXT

Agent
Real Name
Joe Eaton
Do you have any wireless devices near your receiver or subs? (Telephone, headphone, etc.) Check your cables that goto the sub and make sure it is not across any power cables. Also I have had the local cable company line cause feedback because of a bad ground. If two different subs have the same problem it is either cable or maybe a ground issue. Now that is just my opinion I have been wrong before. Good luck.

HT-EXT

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
Thanks for you input Joe, I haven't heard it do it recently now that it is in a different room.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks