1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Subwoofer hum! Help me.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Doug_H, Nov 3, 2001.

1. Doug_H

Doug_H Supporting Actor

I started getting a hum in my subwoofer today. I have traced it to either the 6 channel output on my DVD Player or the input on the receiver.
    I have already changed out the cables and if the subwoofer cable between the player and receiver is pulled the hum goes away.
    I have had this set up for several months so I am at a loss. I have a Rotel power conditioner so I doubt it is a power problem.
    Any help is greatly welcomed.
    ------------------
    The Mischievous Rogue Strikes Again! The Humble Hanson Theater
    [Edited last by Doug_H on November 03, 2001 at 08:00 PM]

2. Doug_H

Doug_H Supporting Actor

OK, it went away on it's own but that has me even more worried. I am sure someone here has had this problem before. Please help.

3. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

If it happens again, adjust the system so you hear the humm, then disconnect the CATV cable. This might be your source of humm and it bypasses your power conditioner.
    I would also suggest that you carefully un-plug and re-connect all your interconnects. I cannot explain why, but a loose RCA plug sometimes allows noise into the system. Periodic un-plug and re-connect is not a bad thing to do.