Subwoofer Help

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Louis D, Feb 7, 2002.

1. Louis D

Louis D Agent

All,

Have a slight dilema, and I need some advice. I currently have a Paradigm Surround system, with a Denon receiver, and I am looking for a really good Subwoofer.

CC-370 - Center

Studio/80 - Fronts

Monitor 3 - Rear

I am considering the Klipsch, NHT, and SVS. I would like to keep the Sub down under 1000. I am goig to use it mostly for Home Theater, but occassionally will be listening to Cd's / radio. Any suggestions? This system will be moved into a house in the near future, and I would like to "buy it once" - do it right so to speak.

Thanks

Ld

2. JeffreyMercado

JeffreyMercado Second Unit

You can't go wrong with a SVS. Certainly you have read the reviews and seen the pictures and noticed the satisfaction. If you are looking in the $1000 range, I would go with the CS+20-39 with the sampson amp. Your talking mega wattage, 500w to be exact. Mega bass, reference level, great for music and hometheater. Also later on down the line if you want more, the sampson gives you the option of hooking another CS+. Monster bass, certainly you will have no regrets going with SVS. They guarantee it, and the customer service you get is not talking to reps, its talking to the owners. They'll walk through the process of setting it up. Happy new SVS purchase.

3. Dustin B

Dustin B Producer

I don't beleive NHT or Klipsch have anything at the $1000 price point that could compete with a 20-39CS+. Plus like Jeff mentioned, the S1000 is a two channel amp. So later when you move into the house if you decide you need more bass you can just add a second 20-39CS+. Hopefully SVS will still be doing a 10% discount type deal for current SVS sub owners buying a second sub at that time, making a great deal even better.

4. Louis D

Louis D Agent

Thanks for the help guys. Now one other quick question. Why the 20-39CS and not the 20-39PC that is already powered. If I go CS, suggestions on running power to it. Specifically the best brands for the price.

Thanks Again.

Oh Yeah, don't ever stop upgrading.

5. Vin

Vin Supporting Actor

6. Tony Meconiates

Tony Meconiates Stunt Coordinator

another recommendation: Paradigm PW 2200.
    Just got one in yesterday, could not really test it as it was pretty late... looking forward to a nice weekend of testing [​IMG]
    BTW, I was also considering SVS, but I got a deal on the 2200 that I could not pass up.

7. Dustin B

Dustin B Producer

A PW2200 would be comparable to a 20-39PC (I think I'd give the 20-39 a slight edge, unless your in Canada then the price difference definately leans things in favor of the PW2200). It would not be comparable to a 20-39CS+ with a S1000 amp. If you added a second 20-39CS+ (you won't need to buy another amp, the S1000 would run them both) when you moved into a house a PW2200 wouldn't even come remotely close.

There also isn't a powered version of the CS+ yet and won't be one for at least several more months.

Quote from SVS's site