Subwoofer Help

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by balwinder, Dec 10, 2001.

1. balwinder

balwinder Extra

Hi,

I am not sure which Subwoof to buy, can you guys help me. I was considering Polk Audio PSW450 but someone said they are not very good. Does Sony have good Subwoofers? I am hoping to get a sub that is under $350... any suggestions.

- Thanks!

2. Nick L

Nick L Second Unit

For just a little more money, $400, you can get the adire audio rava. It will blow away anything else in that price range.

3. DanaA

DanaA Screenwriter

I know this isn't exactly what you were asking for, but, for $399, you could get the Adire Rava.
    Link:http://www.adireaudio.com/rpd/rava.htm
    The Rava gets outstanding word of mouth reviews from many readers here who consider it a true value. The reason I would consider extending your budget the extra $49 is that a quality sub will add sooooooooo much to an audio system. I don't think the Rava is shielded, so you would have to position it at least a couple of feet from a TV. I haven't heard it personally, but many here are very knowledgeable and I do trust what they have to say.
    As for Sony, I've read many posts mentioning a Sony sub that is good that is well within your price range. But, in general, the posts I've read would put the Rava in another league than the Sony. If you want to find the exact model number, go to the bottom of the page to where it says search and type in Sony and subwoofer. You might want to go to the top of the page first and set the screen to read posts from the last 50 or 75 days. I'm sure you'll find much information on both the Rava and the Sony.