What's new

subwoofer help!! (1 Viewer)

sacramentx

Auditioning
Real Name
Alan
I have just purchased a Sony STR-DG720 system, and I haven't really had much trouble with the installation. I see that the only way to connect a sub is through what I believe is an RCA Phono port, which either of my subwoofers have. I have a standard sub with the posi/neg wire slots, and a BIG sub with 4 high freq inputs and 2 RCA outputs plus a few adjustable settings. Now I don't currently have enough money to go but some expensive sub, so I was wondering if there is any way around this. IS there a way to maybe re-wire the sub from posi/neg to RCA or something?

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
You can use either of the RCA outputs, and out to the receiver's RCA sub input. You can use a "Y" adapter, and use both RCA outputs on the sub, into the single input of the receiver. Make sure the sub is turned on, in the receiver's setup menus, along with the speakers being set to "Small".

Red and Black spring clips (for speaker wires) on a powered sub, is for connecting your speakers to, if you'd rather have the sub power the speakers, than the receiver. I use the receiver to power my speakers, personally.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks