What's new

Subwoofer help (1 Viewer)

KevinFC

Stunt Coordinator
I am looking into getting a new sub when I move into my new house and have narrowed it down to 2 finalist.:D
The SVS PB2-ISD and the Cambridge P1000. I know that there alot of people here big on SVS but I have not heard to much about the P1000 from Cambridge any help would be great. The price point for the cambridge is 100 bucks more with free shipping and the PB2 is 899 and 99 bucks for shipping so the price is the same after it is all said and done.. So which would you recommend and why? Thanks in advance because I am at that great fork in the road. :b

Kha:T

Agent
Cam, the dimensions of the P1000 are only 16 x 15 x 14. That's a pretty compact enclosure, hence the 45 lbs., I think. I actually think that it's hefty enough for that box size. Both the HSU STF-2 (I currently own) and Mirage MS12 (used to own) are considerably bigger than the P1000, but they are not significantly heavier.

Back to the question. I assume that SVS fans (and probably HSU fans as well) here would say that comparable (in price) SVS and HSU subs would outperform the P1000. Other than that, I can't tell anything for sure because I don't have any experience with any of the subs you're considering. And unless someone else here has had experiences with both of those subs and can tell you a thing or two about them, I'm afraid you'll have to try them out at home and decide for yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks