What's new

Subwoofer help/suggestions (1 Viewer)

Josh Sieg

Second Unit
I have 2 Lightning Audio 15" subwoofers I'm planning on putting in my car. They both have a peak of 300 watts each. I was wondering what wattage would be recommended for my amp. I was thinking around 1,000. But I'd like other opinions.

Leif Wall

Second Unit
I think you'd be safe with 400-500 RMS a piece on them. Go with a 1k watt Class D amp and you should be set.

Sean Me

Grip
Find out what the RMS power handling is for each of them and then give them that much each, or even a little less would be fine (depending on what your budget for an amp is). Lightning audio is lower end stuff and most lower end stuff is designed to run (and sound good) with less power. The law of diminishing returns kicks in very quickly in car audio and it is mostly with the high dollar drivers that you notice them really shine because of tons of power being thrown at them. Box design is where I think you will notice the greatest difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation730
Recent bookmarks