What's new

Subwoofer feedback? (1 Viewer)

Help-

Just over the last few weeks I have been getting feed back from my subwoofer when I change channels on my DirectTivo or turn down the volume all the way my receiver (It is a pop, well more like a bump). I currently have a Energy subwoofer hooked up to a Denon 4800. I searched the archives and didn't find anything. Does anyone know why this started happening (I have had this setup for over a year)?

Thanks for your help...

Ron A.

Jeff Aguilar

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeff
I am trying to help my brother get this thing solved. I have no idea why he is getting the popping noise when he switches inputs. We just tried a cheater plug and that did not help.

Are there any suggestions? Please help.

Jeff Aguilar

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
Off the wall possiblity. Did you recently rearrange things a bit. I had a similar problem when I added a DSS receiver to my system. I pulled everything appart and reorganized all the cables as I hooked stuff back up.

The problem was I inadvertently hooked the sub up to the 6ch sub input rather than the sub preout (teach me not to hook stuff up leaning over the components). This resulted in a thump whenever I turned a component on or off. Although I also had no bass :p)

Double check that the sub is hooked into the sub preout.

Jeff Aguilar

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeff
Thanks Dustin,

We did and it is properly hooked up. The sub is working, it just has a feedback pop when a channel is changed on the Tivo or when an input is selected. The only thing he has changed is that the cable now runs under the house. I guess we should try a different cable. Maybe that is the issue. Anyone else have any suggestions.

Jeff Aguilar

Mat

Auditioning
Had the same.
Bought a used AVC-A1SE and same happened with my subwoofer. As I still had the 3802, I double-checked to make sure this is not on the subwoofer side.
It looks like the sub pre-out is damaged.
There seem to be some "mute switch" responsible for keeping the sub quiet. I got this answer from Areadvd.de forum.
I brought my Amp to a Denon service and await their verdict.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks