What's new

Subwoofer EQ test cds (1 Viewer)

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
A couple comments...

1. Paul, I have burned a disc, but have not run any measurements with it. That said, they are not big files. I could probably zip it and e-mail it to you, if you are so inclind. FTR, my TTG software only allows for levels in whole increemnts, so my worst case error from the published corrections would be .5 dB (using the factors that are in the HTF Archive).

2. FWIW, the RABOS test CD establishs the sub level by first playing a tone that it well above the sub range, where you set the overall system volume to -10 dB on the meter (about 84 dB). Then it runs a sub level tone, and you are instructed to also set the sub to -10. Once you have done that, I can assure you that you will think your sub has gone out to lunch. Why is that? Well, thats a good question. Given what has been brought forth here re:Flecher-Munsun and weighting, it makes my wonder is the RABOS kit measures flat, vs. a weighted plot?

BGL

Bhagi Katbamna

Supporting Actor
Wayne, I have a peak at about 40 Hz. I did the eq yesterday using a CD that I burned with the correction factor for the RS meter. I was able to get to within about +/- 2 dB from 16-80 Hz using the 5 band parametric EQ.
What I didn't realize is that I had a +6 to +8 dB peak at around 16 Hz which caused bottoming of my SVS CS Ultra(tuned to 16 Hz with one port blocker). I took out the port blocker and set the subsonic filter from 15 to 20Hz on the SVS/Marchand bass box.

PaulT

Supporting Actor

Brian - thanks for the offer. I'm still out of the country and just checked back in on this thread. I'll be home late next week and may get back to you on that. My eyesight probably can't tell 0.5 dB diff on the RS meter anyways ;)

Lee-c

Supporting Actor
It's interesting to test a subwoofer like this. If you guys need some bass test tones, I can send you a set that I have. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks