What's new

Subwoofer EQ - Advice please (1 Viewer)

BrianSmith

Stunt Coordinator
Is there another EQ that works as well as the BFD? The BFD looks complicated.

Is there another EQ that you would recommend that works well w/ a subwoofer? I don't mind paying more $.

-Brian

Heath_E

Stunt Coordinator
Quite frankly, for the price and it's abilities, I don't think the BFD can be beat. Have you seen this setup guide? Between that, other links provided in the guide, the manual, and asking questions here, I think you could get a good handle on it.

MartyP

Stunt Coordinator
I am wondering the same thing...I read the Setup Guide mentioned above and it is very helpful if I go the Behringer route ($150 is actually pretty cheap). I was interested in the ACEi SOS system, but at $300 it better be pretty good...don't know...

BrianSmith

Stunt Coordinator
I actually have the SOS on hand. I just bought it last week.

I haven't had a chance to try it and measure the results. I get the feeling it won't help my situation much, however.

-Brian

Heath_E

Stunt Coordinator
You can do a much better job with an spl meter, some test tones, and a BFD. The SOS only has one band, meaning it can only deal with one peak, the worst one. With the BFD, you can take care of the entire frequency range.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks