What's new

subwoofer control box? (1 Viewer)

wayne rec

Auditioning
anyone know of a good, hopefully inexpensive subwoofer control box? i have an audiocontrol richter scale and like it. it is in the stereo room. i am looking for a sub control box for the home theater that can be plugged in from the "sub-out" on the reciever, then into the sub plate amp. i don't want to have to move the HT set-up and reconnect everything, i just want something i can plug inline with the sub-out cable. i prefer a unit that has a subsonic filter, and setting for different frequencies to level out and dips/peaks. thanks!

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Wayne,

First, welcome to the Forum!

As far as I know the Richter Scale the only product of its kind that offers electronic crossover, signal generator and basic equalization in a single package. If you’re happy with the one you have, you might just need to get another. Otherwise it will require at least two separate components to accomplish what the Richter can.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

wayne rec

Auditioning
thanks for the fast reply and warm welcome:) i was hoping i wouldn't have to spend as much on the HT sub. the richter scale works great, but for HT i was just wanting a subsonic filter and EQ. the generator is nice, but it can also be accomplished with n SPL meter and tone CD's. IMO the later works better than the "scales" tone generator. thanks...

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Oh, I thought you were looking for something with all the Richter's features.
In that case all you need is an EQ with a subsonic filter. Unfortunately the best sub EQs are professional models, and not many of them come with subsonic filters. The ART 351 1/3-octave EQ that SVS sells does have a filter, however.
http://www.svsubwoofers.com/ampeq_art_351.htm
Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks