subwoofer connections with coax

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Abe Rodrigue, Jun 7, 2004.

1. Abe Rodrigue

Abe Rodrigue Stunt Coordinator

Hi all-
    I have a question about hooking up my SVS sub on the other side of the room from my reciver. I already have RG-6 quad ran in the walls to carry the signal from the reciever to the sub. My question lies in the conversion from the coax to the RCA cable. (I bought two sets from bettercables with the sub). Now I have heard that if I use a RCA "splice" at the wall plate that it will be a significant weak spot (due to the low freq.) in the run. Has anyone else heard of this? Or does anyone else have any Ideas? How about a coax at the wall plate and then a coax (f-style) to RCA? Is there such a thing?

Thank you in advance!

2. Bill Kane

Bill Kane Screenwriter

Yes, RadioShack has an F-to-RCA adapter for ~$3 -- 3/4 in. long with RCA male on one end and F-style clamp (outer knurl and female w/inside threads) on tother.

Ideally, given sufficient length, it wud be cleanest to have continuous RG-6 run straight to the SW, just passing thru a wall plate hole on the way.

If your RG-6 already terminates to a wall plate with outside thread, then the above adapter is yr quickest solution. Same for receiver end.

bill