What's new

Subwoofer Connection Question... (1 Viewer)

Tom Brennan

Screenwriter
Real Name
(see above)
Sorry if this rather basic question has been asked over and over, but the search feature is disabled and I really need an answer.

I recently purchased a new Home Theater setup. I'm on a budget, so my setup is not top of the line, but still a very good mid-range setup.

I went with the JBL Studio series for my speaker setup, and the Yamaha HTR5590 as my receiver.

My question deals with the subwoofer connection to the main speakers. My Subwoofer is the JBL S120PII and my mains are JBL S312II's.

I already have connected the "subwoofer out" to the S120PII with a Monster Subwoofer cable. However, do I also need to connect my mains to the subwoofer?

I'm going to be using the system for DVD's, music, games, general TV viewing, VCR, etc. Both digital and non digital connections.

Like I said, I am very new to this area, so forgive the newbie type post.

Rick_Brown

Second Unit
No, you don't have to connect your mains to the sub. The speaker connections on the sub are for use when you do not have a sub-out or LFE-out on your receiver.

Christopher~O

Stunt Coordinator
If you have a line level sub out from your receiver to your sub, you do not need to use the high current connections on your sub.

Enjoy the new toys!!!!

Chris

Tom Brennan

Screenwriter
Real Name
(see above)
Thanks guys, that's pretty much what I thought, but the directions said to hook up the mains as well.

I thought maybe any non digital signal wouldn't output a LFE channel.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks