What's new

subwoofer calibration q? (1 Viewer)

shane_watson

Stunt Coordinator
i have a denon 1802 where should the bass and treble adjustments be set at during calibration ,right now i have treble at 8,bass at 4 do i need to set both at 0 to properly calibrate.

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
In most cases they should be at 0. You'll want to get an SPL meter (radio shack has a decent one that is fairly inexpensive). And a calibration disc. Avia, Video Essentials or a few others. Then follow their instruction for properly calibrating your audio (they also have a bunch of video calibration stuff as well).

Check the primer linked to at the top of this forum section for some more detailed info on calibration.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Shane,

If you plan to run them at 8/4 in regular playback, then you should calibrate with them that way. But, realize that in 99% of cases the bass and treble knobs affect only the main L/R speakers, and not the Center or Surrounds.

I personally feel they should be left at 0 all the time, but if you're going to use them, I'd set them where you're going to have them...

-Vince

Jonathan Smith

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know about your specific receiver, but at least on mine the bass and treble adjustments don't do anything in Dolby Digital mode. If I attempt to adjust them while watching a DVD, the receiver tells me that they are unavailable in that listening mode. If such is the case on your receiver, those adjustments will make no difference on your calibration if you are using avia or VE. I'm not sure about internal test tones, but I don't think it would make a difference there either. You can try it out... set bass and treble to +12 and calibrate, then set them to -12 and calibrate again. See if you get the same settings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks