1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

subwoofer cables/really a difference?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Troy TN, Feb 23, 2003.

1. Phil Mays

Phil Mays Second Unit

Are you sure it was their fingertips?

2. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

well i'm looking to get Jennifer Lopez or Carmen Electra over to try it. it's my understanding that they have the ability to provide a firm, tight bottom end to my system as well as a rich and pronounced top end. Might even get a nidrange extension and deeper soundstage
    BTW, on that coat hanger pic, make sure you put some arrrows on it so the electons know where to go. They're relatively stupid you know.

3. PaulT

PaulT Supporting Actor

Well the JoLo bottom end is a bit too robust and overbearing for my taste, but the Electra tops are fantastic. No EQ is necessary and the thought of them enveloping my ears causes no end of pleasure.

If the hanger had arrows, it would cost more, and then I would have to decide which way the arrows had to point for the electrons to follow them. Teflon coating would definately help....

4. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

they've already been equalized...sheesh...years ago i used to have access to teflon paints. they were from a company that used to manufacture OEM toner. Some toners had a separate 'carrier' which could be any number of materials such as ceramics, metallic compounds, etc. To modify the electrical properties and for other reasons, this carrier was sprayed with teflon paint. essentially, as i recall it, the material was an epoxy based material. i tell you, put on right, it was a great coating for the bottom of a boat.