What's new

Subwoofer Cable (1 Viewer)

John Gido

Second Unit
What type of cable would you recommend to connect a subwoofer to the LFE output from a receiver? I need about 25' of cable. Could I use a good RG-6 cable w/75 Ohm RCA connectors or would a "digital" cable be better?

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
A good RG-6 will work fine. You can also get them with F-Connectors if that is easier to find and F to RCA adapters at places like Radio Shack.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
I just use 1/2 of a std stereo line level interconnect cable. Shielded, gold plugs, courtesy Radio Shack.
------------------

Chris_Campbell

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris
I wouldn't use the digital cable, it may work, but you should really go with a decent RCA interconnect for the proper impedance. For a really good buy on subwoofer RCA, check out Link Removed they have a special on Acoustic Research. I believe that a 25' run of that is selling for 26 dollars. I use this cable myself and I've had nothing but good experience.

DaleB

Stunt Coordinator
Not the cheapest solution, but I went with the higher grade Monster sub cable(M351 SWHT). Although, not a great Monster cable advocate, it is a double shield (foil & braid) cable that appears to have a tough jacket, as well as one that is very flexible with a small diameter. This made it ideal for running underneath wall to wall carpeting. My Sub is in the rear corner of my listening area. It's also a neutral color making it less noticeable wherever it is visible.
I also used the Monster spike suppressor for sub power & signal that mounts right on the AC outlet near my sub.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linda19798888
Recent bookmarks