What's new

Subwoofer cable? (1 Viewer)

Tim Kline

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tim Kline
I have a subwoofer left over from a HT in a box package I got a while ago, i've since upgraded everything else in my HT except the sub because I think it sounds good enough for me and I just don't have the cash anyway.

The cable is also from the HT in a box and it's not very long. I just re-aragned my HT area and I'd like put the sub farther away from the receiver... The cable's conector looks like a regular RCA (composite?) cable, so I'm wondering, can I just use a regular rca cable for my subwoofer, or is it actually something different? I've seen "Subwoofer cables" for sale at best buy, but I don't wanna spend the extra money if I can just use one of my spare rca cables that I'm not using for anything else anyway...

So, can I use an RCA cable and if so, can I use one of the yellow video cables? I have one that's really long and I always figured they were all the same anyway....

Ilkka R

Second Unit
Real Name
Ilkka
Yes it is a normal RCA cable. You can use that yellow "video" cable, but they are not well shielded, but that is not a problem normally.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
There is one thing you should be aware of, Tim. Most HTIB’s do not have powered sub. The power comes from the front-end unit. So if you find that it doesn’t work, you’ll have to drag out the old HTIB to power it.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks