What's new

Subwoofer cable-Can I use this? (1 Viewer)

Cagri

Second Unit
Subwoofer Cable: Nearly any good interconnect will work for the sub. Just make sure the RCA plug is snug-fitting on the connectors.
I have a spare RS Gold series audio interconnect. If I seperate the cables can I use them as a subwoofer interconnect or has it got to be a video cable with RCA plugs? Thanks

JimPeitersen

Second Unit
The quote you used says it all. Go ahead with your plans to use the RS cable (no matter the color).
JP

Cagri

Second Unit
OK, thanks, then I must be having a serious trouble here...

I just bought a SA-WM 40 and am trying to calibrate. I am using S&V HT tune up, and had gone thru the subwoofer calibrating chapters one by one, can't get a sound loud enough from the sub. All speakers are set small, sub cutoff frequency is either 170 or 50 or somewhere in between, sub level on receiver is set to -2, and even when I turn the gain knob on the Sony all the way up and sit right in front of it playing the test tone, the sound coming from the left main which is 6 feet away is much more than the sub! I don't think this is normal, what may be the problem any thoughts?

Cagri

Second Unit
To be more specific, on my receiver sub level is -10 to 10 and there is no crossover setting. From what I have read here I think it is better not to set the sub level on the receiver high, so I set it at -2. It is not possible, with this setting and with all speakers small, to get any bass from the sub. It even does not detect the test tone from the S&V disc, and after 7 minutes it shuts off even when the test tone is still playing. When I crank the level on the receiver up to +9/10 while the sub is at max gain, it is then close to the mains but still significantly lower ound. I haven't had time yet to measure SPLs, will do it tonite. But as to what I hear, there seems to be something wrong and I can't figure out what that might be. Maybe the sub is defected? I guess I am missing something though, any help please or shall I post in speakers and subwoofers area?
Thanks

Cagri

Second Unit
Thanks everyone who has helped me realize that the night mode on my receiver was on. Sorry for posting before checking this, and at least hope this thread will be useful to someone in future.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks