What's new

Subwoofer box size. Need help (1 Viewer)

Tyler

Stunt Coordinator
Hi i'm building a shiva subwoofer and i would like to put the shiva in a box which is 14.5" wide 20" tall and 15.8" in depth.
I want it to be ported and tuned to 20hz.
With this size of box would i get loud deep punchy bass in my 15 foot by 15foor room ?
I will be feeding it about 150 watts into a 4ohm load
Would this be good or bad cause i relly want it to be that size i relly want it to be

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
You should really get the LspCAD program Adire offers for free download and play with it. Plugging your dimensions in with 3/4" walls gives a volume of 65L. Lets be generous and say the driver, amp, braces and port only remove 10L from that (I'm sure it will be a little more than that). Then with a 4" port it would have to be over 32" long to tune to 20hz, which won't fit in your box. With a 3" port it would have to be just over 17" which would fit, but wouldn't leave enough space between the end inside the box and the nearest box wall to it. Plus then your vent mach gets a little higher than it should be. You either have to tune higher, or go to larger dimensions.
I've only really learned ported enclosures, and even that knowledge is limited. If someone else can make his size limit work in a sealed or passive radiator system speak up please.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks