1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Subwoofer and HDTV !?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kris White, Apr 4, 2002.

1. Kris White

Kris White Auditioning

I have a question that I am sure one of you will be able to answer. Tomorrow I will be recieving my 57' Toshiba Widescreen HDTV and will be hooking it up to the rest of my Home Theater system. My question is this. If I put the subwoofer behind the TV unit and have a fairly loud volume with a movie will I get lines running down the picture from shaking? I ask this because I currently have a 32 inch TV on a stand next to my 2 big speakers with the sub woofer behind it, and when there is a BIG action scene in a movie and the volume is cranked I get horizontal lines running down the screen. I do not want this to happen with my new 57 inch hd tv. Do you think the sub will affect it like the 32, or where would be the best place for it? Any info on this would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. Carl Johnson

Carl Johnson Cinematographer

Carl III
    I'm no expert but I would be concerned with damaging the set if it is being vibrated so hard that the picture is altered. I have a 32" set and it is so heavy that nothing short of running an Amtrack thru my living room would have that effect.

3. Greg_R

Greg_R Screenwriter

Greg
    Keep the subwoofer at least 3ft away from the lower center of the RPTV (where the CRT guns are). This will minimize magnetic disturbances. If your sub vibrates the floor significantly, you may throw the RPTV's convergence off. I had to use vibration dampening material under my TV to remedy this issue.