What's new

Subwoofer amplifier in toronto (1 Viewer)

Ryan_Mk

Grip
Been looking for an amplifier dealer near misssisauga. Called a bunch of dealers but whenever I ask about a mono amp that's about 200 watt rms to drive my future subwoofer. I get quotes of $1200 - $3000!!!!!! This is just a small home theatre amp.....

And none of them seem to sell Adire but all are excited to tell me they sell Brystone.

I've tried

TruTone
Canadian Sound
Audio One
The sound Room
Bay Bloor Radio
Creative sound
Genuine Canadian Sound

I know theres one in Kingston.. Hoping for one a little closer though...

Rob Formica

Stunt Coordinator
How close would you like them to be? If you want to get Adire, there aren't many choices in Canada... the best known one is Creative Sound whos prices are very competive (ie: sometimes less $) with the US retailers

http://www.creativesound.ca/products.php?make=Adire

And shipping within Canada is quite reasonable. Like you mentionned, I've heard of an Ontario distributor, but don't have more info... maybe someone will post it up for you. In Quebec there is Solen who are world known for their x-over parts, but they also sell drivers and amplifiers:

http://www.solen.ca

Hope it's of some help...
Rob

Ryan_Mk

Grip
It doesn't have to be adire.

I'm just looking for a good amplifier that will deliver aprox 200 watts RMS (180 could be ok too) for a 450watt driver.

I'm willing to spend about $250 but if I order internationally the taxes, shipping, and duty will really drive up the cost... :frowning:

BrianAS

Auditioning
Ryan,

Q-Components in Waterloo, Ont has a Clear Power Subwoofer Amplifier rated at:

150 watts into 4 ohms continuous
100 watts into 8 ohms continuous

Dynamic into 4 ohms 250 watts(2.2db)
Dynamic into 8 ohms 180 watts(2.5db)
High current output devices can drive 2 ohm load

Price is $250 each

They are located at:

Q-Components
638 Colby Dr.
Waterloo, Ontario
N2V 1A2
1-800-363-6336

Ryan_Mk

Grip
I'm not sure if 100 watts RMS would be enough for a 450 watt 8 ohm sub... I could be wrong though.

Rob Formica

Stunt Coordinator
If your looking for more power, it may be cheeper to go for a Pro Amp instead... here is a thread on a JBL (700W bridged) for 145$US that i'm going for

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...=&pagenumber=1

They are 220V units which can be converted to 120V but since you're canadian, you'll have to get it shipped to an american buddy... offer is for the US only.

Another option is going for a used pro amp... there are many in the local classifieds and 500W @ 700W (bridged) units are at resonable prices

Later...
Rob

TimForman

Supporting Actor
Yup. External pro amps are often overlooked as a low-cost high-power option for HT subs. I run my Tempest and my Shiva from a two-channel 1000W RMS amp at about 1/2 to 2/3 gain. I paid $180 US for the amp.

Owen Bartley

Second Unit
Ryan, I'm in TO and I ordered from Creative Sound (based in BC) for my Tempest and Adire amp, it didn't take that long, and everything is priced in Canadian $$.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks