What's new

subwoofer amp ? (1 Viewer)

jasonBarczew

Auditioning
I just bought a Dayton MK111 12" sub and am going to build the box myself. I'm now researching amps for the sub. What size amp should I be looking for? Any recommendations on specific amps?

thanks
Jason

John S

Senior HTF Member
I thought the MKIII was only available in the 15"????

For power requirements.. We sort of need to know how big the room is, and what you expect from it?

If you want true theater level volume/ bass / punch / ect..ect.., you want at least 300watts of true clean RMS power.

For a more casual type use, 200-ish would probably do.
On the specs, just a truely decent quality amp is fine.

jasonBarczew

Auditioning
the room dimensions are 21' x 13'. I was considering the 500 watt amp matched with the Dayton kit at PartsExpress.com but wanted to look at other options as well.

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
The 500w PE amp is a pretty good deal and you could mount it as part of your sub box. Pro amps are great for lots of power for the money. For the same price as the PE 500w you could get an EP1500 that when bridged w/ a 4ohm load would give you around 1400w RMS. That's alot of power once it's calibrated it shouldn't be too much unless you severly overdrive it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks