What's new

Subway and Atkins??? (1 Viewer)

DougWright

Stunt Coordinator
First off, please lets not have a flame war about the pro's and con's of Atkins. I personally do not believe in Atkins. I have lost over 50 pounds of fat and gained 10 lbs in lean body mass over the past few months with exercise and a few simple eating changes. I would not be able to stick with an Atkins type diet for life (which is what I am told you need to do). But I do now rarely eat out so I was wondering if anyone had any nutritional info on these new Atkins sandwiches at Subway. They look good in the commercial and it would be nice to throw some take out type food into my schedule.

Anyone one have any input here?

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
I have some friends that say they taste awesome. Essentially, they're just the regular meat filling wrapped in lettuce instead of bread. While the Subway I visit doesn't have them yet, I'm very excited to try them when they become available.

Pamela

Supporting Actor
Low carb does not equal low fat or less calories. If you are on a traditional diet, they probably won't work. I have recipes for killer low carb chocolate mousse and low carb creme brulee. They are both loaded with creme and butter. Not for the calorie conscious.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Creme brulee??? Chocolate mousse???

I'm with Marc. Any chance of sharing those recipes?

As for the Atkins wraps, I'd love to try 'em. :)

Pamela

Supporting Actor
I would be happy to share the recipes. However, you'll have to wait until I get home from work, 'cause I can't remember them off hand!

DougWright

Stunt Coordinator
Phil
Why does anybody post here instead of googling etc... to spur discussion (hence the name forum). I wanted info and also some discussion to see what people think. I for one was not aware they were only wrapped in lettuce. As such, I will stick with a salad that contains meat, as an alternative.

Why criticize my question? it's not like i asked about silica ;)

Pamela

Supporting Actor

Actually, they're not. It looks like they're wrapped in a really thin torilla.

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
Pamela, supposedly there's two varieties. Ones made with low-carb tortillas and ones wrapped in huge pieces of lettuce.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
"In and Out Burger" (west coast fast food chain) has a low-carb burger where lettuce is used to substitute for the buns.

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
Yep. Ask for your burger "protein style."

I'm following a low-carb diet, but not Atkins (actually I eat so many carbs that I can't really consider it "low-carb" either, I just don't eat certain carbs) and this Subway sandwich sounds really good.

Manuel

Stunt Coordinator
I tried one this past week. The chicken-bacon-cheese wrap. It was really good. I would order one again. I am not on the diet myself but wanted to try something new. Also, if you have the meal it ends up being about $6.50.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
you can get any subway 6 in" with this wrap on it instead of a roll.
it is a very thin tortilla/bread like wrap.
the subway around me charges 3.99 for the wrap.

Peter Loan

Second Unit
Manuel,

Once you add chips and a soda to the Atkins Wrap, it kinda defeats the purpose doesn't it? :)

JoshF

Supporting Actor
The fat and sodium and calorie contents of these things are horrible. There are much better alternatives, surely.

Marc_Sulinski

Supporting Actor

Someone on the Atkins diet is not concerned with these things (though someone may care about sodium). He/She is generally concerned with the amount of carbohydrates.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks