Subtitles Default to On on 'Dave'

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Johnny Angell, Nov 9, 2001.

1. Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell Played With Dinosaurs Member

Johnny Angell
    Tonight I watched 'Dave' on my Pansasonic a110. The subtitles came on by default. I used my remote to turn them off, which worked ok.
    When the movie was over I allowed the main menu to come up, selected chapter stops, selected a scene, and the subtitles were on again. Weird.
    This is only a recent occurrence. I've watched this DVD many times without this happening. Anyone else have this problem?
    ------------------
    Johnny

2. Scott Simonian

Scott Simonian Screenwriter

Yeah Johnny, I have the exact same dvd player. There are some titles out there that the "subtitles" default to on. It isnt a hardware problem. Some Warner Bros. dvds (the older ones), had this problem. I dont know all of em but 'Dave' has it and I own "the Last Boyscout" and it has the same problem.
    Unfortunatly there isnt anything I know of to fix this. You just have to turn em off manually.
    Enjoy! [​IMG]
    ------------------
    Yes, these are bruises from fighting. Yes, I am comfortable with that. I am enlightened.

3. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

I think they default to on for everybody, perhaps. It not only does it for Dave on my Panasonic A120, but also on my DVD-ROM drive in my PC.
    ------------------
    DAVE/Memphis
    [​IMG]
    MORE TV ON DVD, PLEASE!
    Do you like TV on DVD? Then check THIS out!
    .....http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/.....