What's new

Subtitle support (1 Viewer)

Michael Eriksen

Stunt Coordinator
I just recently started to discover the fun in watching various tv-series. I have started off with Sopranos s1-4, The Shield s1-2, 24 s1-3. I just ordered the first season of Babylon 5.

I am however interested in more, specially Alias, Combat and Farscape.

The problem for me is, that there are no subtitles on these titles. When english isnt your 1st language, the lack of subtitles are really annoying. The first 3 seasons of sopranos lacked them but the 4th set had them, and both me and my wife enjoyed the 4th season more because of the subtitles.

The lack of subtitles is the only thing preventing me from buying Farscape and Combat. Alias is realeased on r2 with subtitles, so Ill just buy that one in r2. Anyone know of a version of combat or Farscape that includes subtitles..the region dosent matter.

Way back there was some critisism towards studios that didnt include subtitles, specially MGM. Luckily that have changed that now. (new lines infini line still lack them though)

Closed caption is not an option for me.

I fail to see any reason not to include subtitles, and in my case they loose the sale because of that.

I hope the tv series in the future will include subtitles.

Just had to get that out......

Nicodemus

Stunt Coordinator
As far as I know, there isn't subtitles in any version of Farscape - I've looked as I'm Finnish and would've like them too. Still it didn't stop me from purchasing the sets (region 4) and I enjoy them thoroughly - and understand (or hear) nearly every word of it. But I agree: there should always be subtitles, regardless of region - many people in Finland buy region 1 sets.

Michael Eriksen

Stunt Coordinator
Are you certain that the r1 alias has english subtitles all 3 seasons ?

All retailers says no subtitles at all on S1 and spanish subtitles on S2-3. The same is written on the backcover.

If its true I will just import s2+3.

Thanks in advance for your help

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
All I have is season one, but it definitely has English subtitles (HoH only). I've never known any R1 Disney release to not have English subtitles.

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor
Though I am not hearing impaired, and I am a native English speaker, I still like having the subtitle option available. There have been movies and TV shows I have loved for years, but some of them have a line or two that is hard to make out, due to something with the sound, the volume the performer is speaking in, or other factors. Subtitles also help win bets with my brother, who swears that he is going in for a hearing test any time now! ;)

On another note, my DVD player gets a little wonky at times, and CHOOSES another language I am unfamiliar with to subtitle. The first time I watched The Last Action Hero, Spanish subtitles came onto the screen, and the silly machine would not allow me to change it until I got up and actually removed the disk from the player and put it back in.

Another time, it decided to use an alternate language track - I still have no idea which language it decided I should hear this movie in! :D

Eddy-C

Supporting Actor
I always have my sub titles on when I watch DVDs so I'll catch all of the dialogue being said. I own Alias seasons 1 and 2 in R1, they have english sub titles.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks