What's new

Subtitle Problems on Godfather (1 Viewer)

David Donald

Auditioning
I seem to recall a previous thread mentioning a lack of subtitles during the scene in the restaurant just before Michael Corleone shoots everyone.
On my R4 copy, there are also no subtitles during the scenes in Sicily where Michael escapes after the shooting. You can activate the English subtitle track for these scenes and then switch it off when they're finished but surely subtitles should appear automatically when the dialogue is in Italian.
Has anyone else had this problem? My machine is a Pioneer DV-344.
Thanks
David

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
According to posters in the other thread, the scene in question is supposed to be itallian without subtitles. So, no, nothing is wrong with the DVD.
------------------
--
Donald Roeber
Generating 2048 bits of randomness...

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
According to posters in the other thread, the scene in question is supposed to be itallian without subtitles.
That's true for the restaurant scene, but I think David is asking about the scenes in Sicily (presumably the conversations with Michael's bodyguards, Apollonia's father and/or Don Tommasino). On those there should be English subtitles.
M.

David Donald

Auditioning
That's correct Michael. Another friend here in Australia has the same problem. Presumably your copy (if you own it) is functioning properly? Thanks for your response.

Real Name
Crosley Carpenter
I have just watched the Italian scenes on my R4 Godfather disc, with my Pioneer DV 344 and the Italian sub-titles are working just fine !

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks