1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Subtitle Problems on Godfather

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David Donald, Oct 17, 2001.

1. David Donald

David Donald Auditioning

I seem to recall a previous thread mentioning a lack of subtitles during the scene in the restaurant just before Michael Corleone shoots everyone.
    On my R4 copy, there are also no subtitles during the scenes in Sicily where Michael escapes after the shooting. You can activate the English subtitle track for these scenes and then switch it off when they're finished but surely subtitles should appear automatically when the dialogue is in Italian.
    Has anyone else had this problem? My machine is a Pioneer DV-344.
    Thanks
    David

2. DonRoeber

DonRoeber Screenwriter

According to posters in the other thread, the scene in question is supposed to be itallian without subtitles. So, no, nothing is wrong with the DVD.
    ------------------
    --
    Donald Roeber
    Generating 2048 bits of randomness...

3. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

4. David Donald

David Donald Auditioning

That's correct Michael. Another friend here in Australia has the same problem. Presumably your copy (if you own it) is functioning properly? Thanks for your response.

5. Crosley Carpenter

Crosley Carpenter
    I have just watched the Italian scenes on my R4 Godfather disc, with my Pioneer DV 344 and the Italian sub-titles are working just fine !