Subtitle problem with 'The Net'

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Vader, Oct 1, 2005.

1. Vader

Vader Supporting Actor

Derek
    Hi all,

I just watched the original release of 'The Net' (when Columbia had the menu accessible only from the remote, and not on startup) for the first time in several years , and was not suprised to find the audio defaulted to Dolby 2.0. What did confuse me, however, was that the subtitles defaulted to 'On'. I do not remember having to manually turn them off the last viewing. Can anyone who has the original release (not the SB or special edition) confirm this? TIA!

2. Magnus T

Magnus T Supporting Actor

Why don't you just turn off the subtitles and turn on the 5.1 sound?

Many of my early WB titles has the same problem with the subtitles. Demolition Man even defaults to the commentary track. No biggie. I press some buttons on my remote and everything eventually turns around to the way I like it. Life continues...

3. Vader

Vader Supporting Actor

Derek
    Magnus,

That is exactly what I did, but was just curious if this was unique to this edition, or just to me (Every player I have had has had its own unique "glitches"). In any case, I always reset the sound options prior to playing any title - this one just goes directly into the film, and not to the main menu. Chalk up 'turning the subtitles off' to my "startup routine"... [​IMG]