What's new

Subscriptions coming back? (1 Viewer)

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Dave:

If you are just wanting to subscribe to a thread just click on the "Follow This Topic" link at the top right of each thread.
That is what I have used so far. You can get instant email notifications and see the ones you are following
in your profile.

Packy

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
If you click on your name in the top right, the pull-down has something called 'My Content' which seems similar to Subscriptions. I am not sure what the difference is (if there is any other than the name).

However, I haven't been able to get this using the Mobile version (on my IPhone).

But on my desktop, it is a reasonable substitute.

I'm sure you will get an official response from the (justly) busy people at HTF.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Yeah, I couldn't figure out how to add items to "follow" on the mobile site, but the full site apparently has a button for that. I guess that's something on the to-do list for mobile.OTOH, it would be nice to have our old, preexisting subscriptions migrated as well so we don't need to manually resubscribe/re-follow them..._Man_

HunterMan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Drew
ManW_TheUncool said:
Yeah, I couldn't figure out how to add items to "follow" on the mobile site, but the full site apparently has a button for that. I guess that's something on the to-do list for mobile.OTOH, it would be nice to have our old, preexisting subscriptions migrated as well so we don't need to manually resubscribe/re-follow them..._Man_
I can't find any of my subscriptions!! :angry: So, I can't even manually re-subscribe to them if they aren't even there! :( Will they be brought back...or in this "move" did a lot of stuff just get deleted?? :unsure:

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
My understanding is subscriptions are being worked on.

The following suggestion is a temporary solution at best, but you might find it useful.

Go to a forum, such as TV Programming. In the blue strip above the thread titles you'll see sorting options. Click on "Custom" and under "Show Topic Type" select "Topics I Replied In," followed by whatever sorting you prefer, as well as whether you want the custom filter remembered. Click "Update Filter."

The list will then show you all the threads you've participated in and you can open the ones you're interested in and manually select to follow them.

Another useful option under "Show Topic Type" is "Topics I Started."

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I will put something together tomorrow that talks about subscriptions, but this will get you started:

My Content under your name in the upper right has a list of things you have actually participated in.

Content I Follow under your name in the upper right is actually the content you are subscribed to

View New Content is all new content on the site.

Notification Options (under my settings) is where you configure your subscription notification options

There is a red number to the left of your name if there are is any new content for topics you are subscribed to. One of the options here is to auto subscribe to any thread you reply to. To follow any thread you haven't replied to follow Parker's advice and click on the follow this topic button.

This will be how you handle subscriptions going forward. We are working on importing your previous subscriptions.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Thanks. I found it. I have to re-do all my subs; I wasn't getting any forum notifications because of that. (Hopefully email notifications aren't the only option. I don't want those.)The sub feature is hidden, and difficult to get to on mobile. I hope it can be brought forward as a main page, easily found by prominent link. :)

HunterMan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Drew
There are still some subscriptions I cannot find...where are they at with getting all of those back...or are they gone forever? :( I have to be honest and say I've not been too pleased or happy with this new change :angry: ...especially if it deleted most of what I was subscribed to and was posting in.

HunterMan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Drew
In the old hometheaterforum I was subscribed to a forum called "Dallas: Complete First Season Review". I cannot find it anywhere here at this new place. Is it gone for good...or are old subscriptions still being brought back yet?

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam

HunterMan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Drew
Adam Gregorich said:
LOL That one specific thread was accidentally deleted. It has been restored and can be found here: http://www.hometheaterforum.com/topic/320510-dallas-the-complete-first-season-2012-review/ Sorry about that.
Adam--Thanks for letting me know, and I'm really glad it's been restored!! :) I'm not loving everything about this new "change"...as it seems I'm not always getting notified when new posts are made to forums I'm following :unsure: --but at least I have now found each of the forums I was following on the old hometheater site. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks