What's new

Subs vs Subs (1 Viewer)

StephenR

Auditioning
Real Name
Steve Reech
I am ordering my new speakers tommorrow and having second thoughts about the Sub. I thought I should Post and see what some of you think. I'll list my order below and if someone can let me know if for the money there is a better sub, then please let me know.

Klipsch Speakers

Sub= RSW12

Front= RF-5

Cen = RC-3II

Sur = RS-3II

reciever is a Yamaha RXV-1200

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
What are you spending on the RSW12 and are there any size or shape limitations?

Yamaha may also not be the best match for Klipsch horn tweeters. You may want to check out Denon as well.

StephenR

Auditioning
Real Name
Steve Reech
thanks for denon advice. any one in paticular? I'm paying $900 for the Yamaha reciever.

there are no size or shape limitations.

I am paying $1400 for the sub. This dealer is selling everything at list price. There are no other dealers in my area and I am a little leary about buying online.

Doug Drake

Stunt Coordinator
Stephen - Since you are buying surround speakers, I'm assuming that HT will be a major use for this setup, yes? While I'm a huge Klipsch fan (see my system), I think you should give serious consideration to the SVS subs. I think, for the money, they will rock you like you can't imagine...
For more on the RSW-15 and other subs, head over to the Forum at www.klipsch.com and see the Powered Subwoofer section.
Doug

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
With $900 the Denon 3802 should be easily doable.
I know you say you are a little leary about buying online but I would seriously consider a dual SVS 20-39CS+/S1000 package. It's a $100 more (plus some shipping, probably around $50) than the Klipsch sub but way beyond it performance wise (especially below 30hz).
Do a little searching on this forum for some posts on SVS's costumer service. Ron and Tom put most brick and mortar places so far to shame it isn't even funny.
Check out this review that pits the RSW15 against SVS CS-Ultras and several other subs. The CS+ is supposed to be 80% of the performance of the Ultras and I doubt the RSW12 is 80% of an RSW15.
Link Removed

StephenR

Auditioning
Real Name
Steve Reech
Hey, Dustin what about their powered subs? Also, is their a reason why people seem to buy 2 ata a time?

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
SVS doesn't have the PC+ out yet and say they won't for a while yet. The reason for buying two at a time is when placed right beside each other two will be capable of 6dB more output than one. Plus, often times one CS+ can compete very well with subs that cost as much as the pair of CS+ subs with an amp. It's an economics and shipping huge enclosure thing that prevents SVS from making single subs that perform like their pairs do.

The S1000 is a 2ch amp that has 500W per channel. The combination of the pro amp and the pair of passive subs allows for a lower cost.

Unless you have the tools and basic wood working skills to build your own, nothing comes close to SVS in the US in the cost/performance ratio (well the Adire Dharman can compete pretty well with the PCi, but not the + series).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks