What's new

Subs in basement, concrete under carpet?? (1 Viewer)

Kevin Beck

Stunt Coordinator
I know I have seen some info on this, but have forgotten the rules. Room is in the basement,..carpet and pad over concrete. What have you all decided to be the best way to suport your subs? Spikes throught the carpet and pad, down to the concrete? Or,...set a slab of stone on top of the carpet, and then spikes on top of that?
What is the effects of setting the sub on the carpet, vs down to the concrete, or the slab of stone? I have really lost track of this.
Thanks,..>>>--->

Greg Monfort

Supporting Actor
Spiked to the concrete. Since it's a concrete floor, carpet and padding should be ~transparent to any frequencies < ~125Hz, so driver orientation isn't an issue for an 80Hz XO sub IMO.

GM

Kevin Beck

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks in advance for any info,..But I have a dual Tempest Sono,...one driver on top, and one driver on the bottom. It really seems to be lacking in output,..I know something is up with the set up, just have to find it,....
>>>--->

Pete Mazz

Supporting Actor
If a dual Tempest lacks output, I'd say something is definitely wrong.

Give us the particulars. Size, wiring, alignment, tuning...

Pete

Greg Monfort

Supporting Actor
They're used to damp the sub by acting as a high impedance mismatch between it and the massive floor.

GM

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks