Subjective HD-pack v 3rd party Component Cable Comparison for Xbox

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David J Wang, Nov 20, 2001.

1. David J Wang

David J Wang Agent

Was wondering what people's experiences were with the component cables included with the HD-pack for Xbox? More to the point anyone want to chime in if you have tried out both the included HD pack component cables and a 3rd party component cables such as Bettercables or if you've used the Xbox specific Monster component cables. Any noticeable differences between the 3 specifically the included ones vs 3rd party

(HD-pack component cables) vs (Monster) vs (3rd party)

2. Andrew Grall

Andrew Grall Supporting Actor

Are there any 3rd party component cables other than Monster? I was hoping that perhaps there would be Interact Pro Series ones, but I haven't seen those yet...

3. David J Wang

David J Wang Agent

I don't know the answer to that but just to clarify ... when I mean 3rd party I'm talking about using component cables from say Bettercables and hooking them up to the HD-pack.

4. Leroy

Leroy Second Unit

All I know is that the Xbox Hi-Def packs included cables give me a fantasic picture on my Mitsu HD 16:9 set. I don't see how it can be much improved. I do need to get another "red push" fix for my second component input.

5. Howard_S

Howard_S Supporting Actor

I'm wondering the same thing. I'm waiting for the monster cables to arrive at my local stores but I don't want to wait. I wonder if it is better to buy the MS pack, and use my own quality cables.

As well does anyone know if I can use coaxial cable for surround sound or is optical cable connection the only way?

6. Bill Harada

Bill Harada Stunt Coordinator

Howard,
    The MS Adv/HD packs only have optical digital outputs. But at least I was able to pick up a 6' Toslink cable (made by RCA) at Target for only $12.[​IMG]
    Bill