What's new

Subjective HD-pack v 3rd party Component Cable Comparison for Xbox (1 Viewer)

David J Wang

Agent
Was wondering what people's experiences were with the component cables included with the HD-pack for Xbox? More to the point anyone want to chime in if you have tried out both the included HD pack component cables and a 3rd party component cables such as Bettercables or if you've used the Xbox specific Monster component cables. Any noticeable differences between the 3 specifically the included ones vs 3rd party

(HD-pack component cables) vs (Monster) vs (3rd party)

Andrew Grall

Supporting Actor
Are there any 3rd party component cables other than Monster? I was hoping that perhaps there would be Interact Pro Series ones, but I haven't seen those yet...

David J Wang

Agent
I don't know the answer to that but just to clarify ... when I mean 3rd party I'm talking about using component cables from say Bettercables and hooking them up to the HD-pack.

Leroy

Second Unit
All I know is that the Xbox Hi-Def packs included cables give me a fantasic picture on my Mitsu HD 16:9 set. I don't see how it can be much improved. I do need to get another "red push" fix for my second component input.

Howard_S

Supporting Actor
I'm wondering the same thing. I'm waiting for the monster cables to arrive at my local stores but I don't want to wait. I wonder if it is better to buy the MS pack, and use my own quality cables.

As well does anyone know if I can use coaxial cable for surround sound or is optical cable connection the only way?

Bill Harada

Stunt Coordinator
Howard,
The MS Adv/HD packs only have optical digital outputs. But at least I was able to pick up a 6' Toslink cable (made by RCA) at Target for only $12.:)
Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks