What's new

Subaru WRX STi vs. Mitsubishi Evolution VIII (1 Viewer)

Shawn C

Screenwriter
With the Camaro gone, and it's rivalry with the Mustang gone with it, are these the cars that are going to be stirring up the horepower wars? I guess if I had to pick, I'd pick the Subaru.
300HP, 300lb-ft torque, AWD Subaru WRX STi

271HP, 273lb-ft torque AWD Mitsubishi Evolution

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
the WRX, no question in my mind.
the first subaru I've ever considered buying.
I'd have to sell the aprilia first, though.

CharlesD

Screenwriter
The STi will out-perform the Evo for sure, but the STi will like cost 5 or 6K more.

Thanks to the success of the WRX, import car makers realize that there is a market for compact sports sedans in the US. VW is bringing over the AWD V-6 R32, there is the regular WRX which is an awesome car for the price, the Evo in the upper 20s & the STi in the low/mid 30s.. all in all a great selection of practical AWD performance cars in a class that was not available at all in the US only 2 or 3 years ago.

So there is a range of price/performance from mid 20s to mid 30s, I;d take any of the above cars depending on the money available. All things being equal the STi wins of course.

Cam S

Screenwriter
STi hands down. The old EVO's were dam sexy, but the new one just doesn't do it for me. The subaru is gonna be one hot car!

DougKuhn

Stunt Coordinator

I have to say I like the STi a lot. A LOT!
I am nearly a VW diehard and was really thinking of trying to jump on the R32 ship. But from what I have been reading, there are rumors that the R32 is coming here with the new DSG tranny only...kind of disappointing for this car. Yet intriguing. I would like to see VW though, start having some more AWD models available for us in the states....

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
The STi definetely. I would have much rather had the EVO VII instead of the VIII, personally I think they screwed up the front end bad.

Aaron Copeland

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron
I would considering buying one of these cars if they weren't so ugly...especially the WRX. I just can't stand the look of Subarus at all.

But I really do love the nice upward trend in performance cars like these are causing.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
You can bet your bottom Mitsu is gonna combat the new STi with every bit of hp they can muster out of an inline 4. :) Watchy!!

DwightK

Second Unit
Mitsu dropped outa WRC this year. Couldn't get their car competative. Oh well. Another peugeot year. Can't call them the silver bullets now that the are marlboro red.

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
I'm quite certain that the new Mitsu Evo is the only reason the US got the full STi version instead of a watered down 270hp or less version that was talked about. Go import HP wars!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks