What's new

Sub Woofers on UBID (1 Viewer)

faraz

Auditioning
Does any one have opinions about the these 3 subs.
Infinity IL120 ($365), Dahlquist PDQ1500 ($250), or Wharfedale Topaz SW-15 ($300). These subs are available on UBID for the price shown. I am looking at replacing my existing Kenwood SW-300 sub. Any input will be much appriciated.

Chris Quinn

Screenwriter
faraz-make sure you check what shipping is before you bid. ubid shipping can wipe out a bargain.

faraz

Auditioning
The price I quoted includes shipping. I recently purchased Wharfedale Emerald 97, Wharfedale Emerald center, and Wharfedale Diamond 7 speakers from UBID. All of these were one heck of a deal. I have not been able to find much on these subs in way of reviews. I am hoping that folks on this forum can provide some insight.

mike_frontier

Supporting Actor
Note also that UBid equipment they sell is mostly refurbs. But the warrenty is cool still:emoji_thumbsup:

make sure to read the description well. Shipping can be outrageous!:angry:

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Some of the stuff sold is Refurb and some is New. It runs in streaks, some times more refurbs than new and some times just the oppsite. Just pay attention like Mike makes note of, to that and shipping....Looks as though your doing ok..:emoji_thumbsup:

If your only looking to those subs, drop the Wharf Topaz. The other 2 are much better perfomers. Though many of Wharfs speakers are excellent deals, the subs by Wharf at Ubid (Topaz line usualy) are not the performers many of their speakers are.

The Emerald MKIV line of speaks are quite nice for the money, as I am sure you found out. A little power hungry & the grill tabs are some what delicate. But their build, sound, and good looks make up for it. Excellent choice with the 97's buy the way, probley the best performer of the Emerald line.
Yes, better than the bigger 99's whos midrange and bass attack is definitly not as good as the 97's.

Please tell me your not playing screaming heavy metal music threw them....??
Its just not their strong point, acoustic and female voices really shine on them.

Regards
Geoff

Frank Carter

Screenwriter
The Infinity is probably the best sub on the list. It is really a steal at that price. Do a search here on on other forums for more info on it. Ubid.com is also an authorized dealer for Infintiy products so you get the warranty.

faraz

Auditioning
Thanks for the input folks. Geoff - I am not a big fan of screaming heavy metal. I am very happy with the Wharfedales. About the only -ve I have is the quality of the grill. They seem cheaply made and fragile.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks